Last week I attended my second Catholic New Media Conference, which was held at the Arlington Convention Center. Although I was only able to attend two out of the three days – it was an inspiring and educational experience.
- Connecting and talking shop with so many people that share an incredible passion for Catholic New Media – especially these two cool dudes
- Eucharistic Adoration
- Meeting the Social Media Managers from the Archdiocese of St. Louis (Amanda Lindley) and the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston (Sean O’Driscoll)
- Discussing live streaming tactics with Domenico Bettinelli from the Archdiocese of Boston
- Getting the details on an amazing new Mobile App Framework for Parishes and Dioceses from Jeff Geerling (I think it could be big)
- YouTube presentation from video-extraordinare, Rob Kaczmark of Spirit Juice Studios
- Cliff Ravenscraft – ”Marketing Your Message in the New Evangelization” …’ Content is King, but Quality is Queen’
- Brandon Vogt detailing how successful the Mormons and Protestants are in their online efforts
- Exhibitors were everywhere, so I was able to score some swag and bring it back to the office where it was promptly scooped up
More Links Please
- Be sure to read Jeff Geerling’s thorough wrap-up
- Fr. Robert Barron’s Word On Fire blog has a nice reflection entitled, “Culture: New Media, Digital Missionaries”
- Here’s a list of folks on Twitter who attended
- PICS to prove to your boss that this actually took place
- And SQPN has a running list of even more recaps
I was greatly impressed by the growth from last year. And, hooking up with CMN and CWG appeared to be a successful partnership – at least to this observer.
Yes, it’s true that Catholic Social and New Media still trails far behind many secular and religious organizations. That won’t change overnight. But, with continued efforts such as the Catholic New Media Conference – in union with each other and the Holy Spirit – all things become possible.